As a WordPress Technical Support Specialist, you’re responsible for guiding people to the fullest use of our products. You will build relationships based on trust which result in happy, passionate, and loyal customers through listening to their needs.
Interested? See "How to Apply" below to learn more before applying.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re passionate about solving problems and helping people.
- You’re incredibly positive and enjoy making another person’s day.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working the support inbox, making sure our customers receive timely responses.
- Fielding and recording feature requests.
- Providing support to users on the WordPress.org forums for our plugins.
- Testing bug reports locally, and when confirmed pass them to the development team with detailed instructions.
- Pre-release quality assurance testing for updates and new releases.
- Updating and creating tutorials and documentation.
- Writing code snippets to solve one-off problems.
- Communicating with the team and supporting your peers using chat, audio, and video.
Here are some skills that will come handy:
- Excellent English writing and communication skills. We believe communication is critical.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- At least 2 years of experience with WordPress.
- Strong comprehension of HTML and CSS - you can write HTML and apply styling from "scratch".
- Strong leadership with the ability to step up and take charge when needed.
- You can take technical lingo and make it understandable to customers.
- Ability to prioritize workloads in order to balance an assortment of tasks and meet deadlines.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Proficiency in writing documentation.
- Proven track record providing support for WordPress plugins.
- Experience working with email marketing service providers (eg. MailChimp, AWeber, etc).
- Experience with WordPress development (eg themes, hooks, filters, plugin API, etc).
- Working knowledge of PHP.
What we offer
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available from 12pm - 5pm ET each day.
-Personal Computer with Internet Access
-Availability to participate in audio/video meetings between the hours 9 am - 5 pm EST.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Your experience with WordPress.
- If you have previous experience working support or writing documentation, we'd love to hear about it.
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Details about your experience, qualifications, personality, etc are very helpful.
- Profile links if available (Your website, WordPress.org, GitHub, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
Also note, don't forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out :)
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!